Release from Sumter County Emergency Management: Courthouse opening Monday June 15, 2020
From: Sumter County Emergency Management
Reopening of the Sumter County Courthouse
SUMTER COUNTY, GEORGIA – The Sumter County Courthouse will be reopening with provisions on
Monday, June 15, 2020.
In an effort to protect all visitors and employees of Sumter County from COVID-19, please follow
• All individuals will be required to use hand sanitizer before entering, the Sumter County
• All individuals are required to wear properly fitted face masks at all times while in the
Sumter County Courthouse.
• All individuals will practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6-feet of distance
between themselves, and follow all floor markings throughout the Courthouse.
• All individuals are encouraged to use proper hand-washing techniques.
• It is encouraged that all citizens call and make appointments with the appropriate offices
to limit the traffic throughout the Courthouse.
• Do not enter the courthouse if you or anyone in your party have any of the following
o Shortness of breath
o Any other flu-like symptom
If you have been out of the Country within the last 30 days or in contact with anyone that has,
we ask that you call the appropriate office and reschedule your visit until you have exceeded
the thirty day limit.
Likewise, If you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 30
days, we ask that you call the appropriate office and reschedule your visit until you have
exceeded the thirty day limit.
Thank you for your cooperation, the health and well-being of all in the community is our priority!